Sunday 2 September 2012

How I Deal With Spots.

Hey Guys!
Recently I've been noticing that I've had quite clear-ish better skin and I am so happy about it right now because to be honest it makes me feel more confident knowing that my skin is clearer. So with this newly found experience I am having I thought I would share the products I use, as well as a few tips and tricks on how I deal with spots and hopefully it will be helpful to some of you to take away with you!
Products I use to deal with spots:
Cetaphil Miracle Skin Cleanser *face wash*
Origins A Perfect World Moisturiser
Soap and Glory Flake Away
Good Things Deep Pore Cleanser *toner*
Good Things Face Mask
Duac Gel.
Cetaphil:
This has been by far the best face wash I've used, usually after a while my skin gets used to a face wash and I have to change to a new one but I've been using this for quite a bit now and it still does a fantastic job at keeping the skin clean and clear.

Soap and Glory Flake Away:
This may seem a bit odd to add in a spot post but I find that ex-foliating my face lightly with this once or twice a week clears dead skin which means the skin looks more fresh and away as well as being rid of dead bacteria infested skin.
Good Things Face Mask:
I use this once or twice a week to give my skin an almost deep cleanse I guess is the best way to describe it. Not only does this face mask smell devine but it also makes the skin feel soothed and you only have to apply a thin layer which equals more product for me!

Good Things Cleanser:
I'm not really going to say much about this product since I've reviewed it already (which you can read here) but it is amazing and really does the job well.
Origins Perfect World:
I use this twice a day after washing my face, it is a antioxidant moisturiser meaning it takes out the impurities in the skin which helps keep it clear.

Duac Gel:
The product I have used for the longest time (nearly three years) you can't buy it over the counter but if you really suffer from spots/acne I would 100% recommend this prescribed product, since using it I have noticed that 99% of the time any spots I do get are not angry aggressive spots which this gel helps prevent.

Tori's Tips and Tricks
- Wash your face twice a day, morning and night to cleanse skin and also to remove any left over make-up a baby wipe or any other product you use to take of your make-up has left remaining.

- When using face wash remove with a cloth not hands, it's more hygienic, gets into all the nooks and crannies and are very useful *they sell packs of 3 for £1.50 in Primark if I am not mistaken.*

- Use a face mask once/twice a week so your skin can have a really good cleanse and detox from anything on your face.

- Ex-foliate your face once/twice a week to remove dead skin, as the skin and bacteria really does build up quickly and you'll notice your skin is dirtier when it hasn't been ex-foliated!

- If you really feel you are suffering from bad skin or don't feel comfortable do not hesitate to go see your GP about gel formulations you can receive to help.

-A obvious tip, try your best to not pop them! It will just make it worse!

- Keep to some sort of routine as best you can, so you will get used to it.

- If you feel a product isn't working for you or isn't affective for you any more, don't worry just change the product, I find that often happened to me with face wash's, I figure *please correct me if I am wrong* that sometimes the skin adapts to the ingredients in the product that help your skin, almost mutation in a way so then it is no longer effective and does not do that specific field in which you wanted it to help with!

I hope this helped people, just to point out as well that I am not qualified in this sort of profession,all that I have said if from personal experience as it is all I can really comment on, but if you have any question feel free to ask in the comments or tweet/email me and I will answer as best I can! 

Tori :) x


10 comments:

  1. I LOVE Flake Away, it's amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. flake away is soo good :) Hey, if you want, check out my blog
    www.nessa-mae.blogspot.co.uk, If you like it follow on GFC and Bloglovin, and I ALWAYS follow back xx – Vanessa Mae

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was debating whether to try Soap and Glory's Flake Away but your post and these positive comments have persuaded me.
    Great blog!

    Tsui Chung
    @ fashionganache.blogspot.com

    <3

    ReplyDelete